Compare and Contrast Canadian Ecozones to Natural Resources


Physiographic features of Canada is part of the outcomes for BC Grade 9. One of the sample activities suggests comparing and contrasting physical features and natural resources in different regions of Canada. This is the project my student and I did to explore natural resources in Canada.

First, I created a block poster of a Canadian map in order to have lots of room to explore the regions and the resources. I also went to www.clker.com and got clip art to represent our resources. You can find them in this PDF


We used the map above to explore our Ecozones. We then began to add natural resourcescrops and Canadian mining to our map. 




As we added resources to the map, I was asking my student why they thought that the resource was located in that area. We researched what we couldn't answer from the obvious geographic features. 

This was a great way to explore ecozones and Canadian natural resources! 

Blessings,
Natalie








2 comments:

  1. Fantastic. I was looking for something to improve one of my lessons in the IMT program and this fits perfectly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!