Google Hangouts - North and South #4 Final Session



Well, I must say, Google Hangouts was a wonderful experience for our North and South Movies as Literature class! 

I think that the value of learning together, collaborating together on documents, and learning how to use Google Hangouts with ease was a real addition to our homeschool experience. 

This discussion centred around the questions of change in characters, fair representation of both sides of the “labour battle” and then we had a great discussion on business and risk. It was also great to hear the opinion of the students on how they enjoyed the series.
The questions for this session are here.


After our session on North and South I had the students do a survey in Google Forms based on which films they would like to see us cover in our next sessions. We have limited sessions and many ideas, so I had the students decide on what they would like based on a rating system. 
Google Forms is a wonderful way to take a survey in a class. You can see the results “real time”. I added up the tally’s and we have a tentative plan for our next sessions.


I love to see our students do this kind of work. Whenever they have to give their opinions it is a great learning experience - and in this case they could not see the other’s response - so it was their opinion and their's alone.

For the month of February we will be doing Pride and Prejudice together (in person) and so we will take a break from Google Hangouts. I look forward to the sessions in March and beyond. 

I just want to say a special thanks to these amazing students that make it so worthwhile! It is a true highlight of my week to meet with you all!
If you know a great group of young people and you need any help getting your Google Hangouts class started, just let me know!
Blessings, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!