Thursday, March 21, 2013

Renaissance Art with I, Juan de Pareja - Mentor Mob



We have just finished up our unit on Renaissance Art using the novel I, Juan de Pareja by Elizabeth Borton de Trevino. This is a wonderful story of Juan de Pareja in 1600's Renaissance Spain who becomes the slave of Diego Velazquez. It is a heartwarming story with lots of opportunity for discussion. It is a story of Juan de Pareja's devotion to God, his master and art. I can highly recommend it!!



I have put together a Mentor Mob based on the study. We didn't get to everything here and we used some of our own resources, but I thought that I would share it with you. We did do most of the Glencoe Novel Study, some of the research and the sheet I put together for Elements of Art comparing Velazquez's art to a piece of modern art. For Elizabeth (and myself) Juan de Pareja won hands down!



Create your own Playlist on MentorMob!

I hope you enjoy! Let me know how it goes, Blessings, Natalie