Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fairy Tales Unit Study



Last year I realized that our "little one" had made it all the way to Grade 6 without ever really studying Fairy Tales. I decided that it would be a great idea to make a unit study. We used Andrew Lang's Blue Fairy Book as http://www.manybooks.net/titles/anonetext96blfry10.html  our spine for most of the unit, but we also went to the library and procured every Fairy Tale picture book that we could find at an advanced level. This was fun as we don't often read picture books anymore.


I started searching for some Fairy Tale ideas online. I used these worksheets for her unit.
Fairy Tale Book Report
Cinderella Word Scramble
Author Study
Red Riding Hood Adjectives Exercise
New Version of Cinderella
Planning your Traditional Tale

I then made up some lap book pieces to go into her notebook as we studied each of the Fairy Tales. You can find them on my homeschool launch page. 
http://www.hslaunch.com/mypage/profile/8943 


This was a great unit for studying authors,characters,plot, doing some varied writing and just enjoying some great tales!!
Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!